Exercising in the morning can be a challenge, especially for morning grumblers. However, especially in the morning, exercise has many positive effects on your body and can even provide you with more energy than your morning coffee. We have eight good reasons to train in the morning.
1. Sport in the morning stimulates the metabolism
When you work out in the morning, your metabolism kicks up. Even after exercising, he works at full speed, which means calories are burned faster and more effectively. It can also reduce cravings. If you want to lose weight, morning exercise can be a great way to lose weight faster.
2. Morning exercise promotes concentration
Do you need a coffee in the morning to get back in shape? A workout is an even better way to wake up and start your work day focused. Sport releases the hormone adrenaline, among other things, which can naturally increase our concentration. Exercise can give you more energy than coffee, especially in the morning.
3. If you train in the morning, you have the evening free
Who doesn’t know: You come home from work in the evening and can’t motivate yourself to exercise after a hard day at work. If you move your sports unit in the morning hours, you no longer have this problem. After work you are free and you can enjoy the evening.
4. Morning exercise supports weight loss
Especially if you train on an empty stomach in the morning, your body has to fall back on existing fat stores. So, if you shift your workout into the morning hours for a longer period of time, you can lose weight faster. After exercise, a healthy and rich breakfast is important to replenish energy reserves.
Tip: If you lack the strength to train on an empty stomach, you can eat a banana instead of a proper breakfast.
5. Mornings are less busy in the gym and in the park
Whether you want to work out in the gym or go jogging, the park and gym are less crowded in the early morning than during the day or evening. So you can train in peace without being disturbed by others.
6. Exercise in the morning has a positive effect on sleep
According to studies, you can fall asleep better in the evening if you worked out in the morning. If you’re having trouble falling asleep, you might want to try morning exercise to see if it helps.
7. Exercise in the morning strengthens the immune system
During exercise, potentially harmful cells are more likely to be eliminated, leading to a strengthened immune system. This is also why people who exercise regularly are less likely to get a cold or other infections. Especially in the dark months it is advisable to move your sports unit in the morning hours and outside. Sunlight allows the body to produce vitamin D, which is important for our immune system. It is often difficult for workers to meet their vitamin D needs naturally in the fall and winter.
8. Exercise in the morning helps with stress
Exercise releases the happiness hormones that stimulate nerve cells. People who exercise regularly feel happier and more balanced. If you play sports in the morning before work, you can start your work day more positively. The more balanced you are, the less stressful situations in your daily work become evident.
Tips to improve exercise in the morning:
- Preparation is everything: pack your sports bag the night before and put out your sportswear. It is best to prepare breakfast right away so that you can eat right after exercise.
- With two people it’s easier: make an appointment to go jogging or to the gym.
- Go to bed early so that you are in shape for the next morning.
- Put on some music to start the day motivated.