Onion is a traditional home remedy for earache, insect bites, and even a sore throat or cough. The effect of the onion is based on the anti-inflammatory, germicidal, antibacterial and analgesic Property. the sulphurous mustard oils in the onion make sure that the stubborn mucus in the bronchi can be expelled more easily. TO dry cough onion juice settles on irritated mucous membranes and soothes them.
But does onion juice taste good? Yes, since onion juice is made with honey or sugar, so little of the onion flavor comes out.
Make onion juice yourself – here’s how it works!
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of liquid honey or sugar
- Peel the onion and cut it into small pieces. Put the pieces in a glass or cup.
- Pour two tablespoons of honey over the onion and leave the mixture to infuse for several hours or preferably overnight. For the vegan alternative, you can also use regular sugar.
- Now pour the resulting liquid. Homemade cough syrup is ready. Take a tablespoon several times a day.
- Don’t forget to make more cough syrup.
Add the onion juice with the other ingredients
To make onion juice even healthier, you can add other ingredients, eg. for instance.:
- Apple cider vinegar
Alternatively, you can also make a tea with the additional ingredients. To do this, cut the ginger into small pieces and, like herbs, pour hot water over it and leave it to infuse. With apple cider vinegar, you can add 2 tablespoons to 200ml of water and sweeten with a little honey.