Our recipe for summer gooseberry pizza with goat cheese, lavender and sage
Why have we only encountered this exciting summer combo so late in life? We can’t get enough of sweet goat cheese pizza with gooseberries. Supported by lavender and sage, gooseberries not only bring their signature sour sweetness to the pizza, but also many healthy nutrients. Try it now!
Ingredients for gooseberry pizza
for 4 servings
- 300 grams of flour
- 1/2 sachet of dry yeast
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 200 g of red gooseberries
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 400 g of yellow cherry tomatoes
- 200g goat cheese roll
- 1 tablespoon of liquid honey
- 2-3 large sprigs of sage
- 1 level teaspoon of dried lavender flowers
Preparation: this is how it works
- Mix the flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, 150 ml of warm water and 1 tablespoon of oil. Cover the dough and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (180 degrees for a fan oven). Clean, wash and drain the grapes. Peel the onion, cut it into fine rounds. Peel and chop the garlic. Wash the tomatoes, peel them, cut them into slices.
- Add the garlic and 2 tablespoons of oil. Mix the gooseberries, tomatoes and onion rings with the garlic oil. Slice the goat cheese thinly with a moistened knife.
- Knead the dough on a floured work surface, roll it out in a flat pan, place it on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Complete with the gooseberry mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Cut the cheese into small pieces, spread on them, sprinkle with honey. Bake the pizza for 25-30 minutes. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Fry the sage for about 10 seconds, drain on kitchen paper. Sprinkle the sage and lavender on the finished pizza.
Energy and nutritional information for the recipe
Also interesting for you: